Getting Started with Puppet
€ 2,250.00 excl. VAT
This course provides a guided, hands-on approach for new users to manage their infrastructure using the power of Puppet’s products. Lab-focused and opinionated, Getting Started with Puppet provides a faster way to bring your IT environment under control by using Puppet, Puppet Discovery, tasks and Bolt, Puppet Development Kit (PDK) and the Puppet Forge. Leave class with the tools and resources you need to automate your infrastructure and get up and running faster than ever.
Getting Started with Puppet (3-days)
Getting Started with Puppet is a three-day course with a guided, hands-on approach and designed for users who are new to managing their infrastructure using Puppet’s products. Lab-focused and prescriptive, the course will give you the tools and resources to automate your infrastructure and get up and running faster than ever.
What you will learn:
- How to set up a Puppet development environment
- How to bring an unmanaged IT infrastructure under control
- How and when to run ad hoc tasks with Bolt and Puppet tasks
- How and when to manage system state using Puppet modules
- How to manage Windows and Linux servers using a common Puppet codebase
This course is intended for sysadmins, SREs, DevOps engineers or similar who manage Windows, Linux, or Unix infrastructure and could use a hands-on introduction to managing their infrastructure with Puppet.
This course assumes you know how to deploy applications on your operating system and you know a scripting language.
- Puppet products overview
- Explore the Puppet Enterprise console
- Run Puppet Discovery
- Run Puppet Bolt and tasks
- Understand Puppet task plans
- Understand declarative and imperative Puppet concepts
- Set up your lab environment
- Understand the lifecycle of a Puppet agent run
- Use Puppet modules from the Forge
- Create wrapper modules
- Apply basic module testing
- Create role and profile modules
- Create a baseline with Puppet
- Create and accept parameters in the baseline
- Define an application stack with Puppet
Lab Sessions will start at: 09:00 AM
– Laptops for training purposes will be provided. – Coffee/tea and Lunch is arranged. – If you may have special dietary requirements or preferences, please inform us via email.
- Store Name: Amazic Academy
- Vendor: Amazic Academy
2153 GM Nieuw-Vennep
- No ratings found yet!
€ 795.00 excl. VAT€ 795.00 excl. VAT